Disposal of Category 3 Animal By-products
According to Order No B1-466 of the Director of the State Food and Veterinary Service of the Republic of Lithuania of 12 June 2012, “since 1 January 2006 all animal by-products from wholesale and retail companies or public catering establishments shall be collected by animal by-products collection companies”, which are approved in accordance with the requirements determined by the State Food and Veterinary Service of the Republic of Lithuania.
So we offer cooperation and a simple solution for handling ABP. We arrive on our own transport at any time convenient to our customers and collect ABP resulting from our customers’ activities, which later will be sorted out. If requested by our client, we may provide a suitable container for ABP or for oil collection, which is labeled, washed and disinfected in accordance with the requirements approved by the State Food and Veterinary Service of the Republic of Lithuania.
We provide our services for shopping centers, catering establishments and manufacturing companies, hospitals, schools, kindergartens, where we collect the following:
- expired food and other products;
- confiscated items or items which do not comply with the EU requirements and which are to be destroyed;
- waste oils and fats.
Category 3 animal by-products may refer to:
- the parts of a slaughtered animal, which according to the national legislation could be used for human consumption but which are not sold for human consumption because of commercial reasons;
- animal by-products obtained in the process of human food manufacturing, including defatted bones;
- products of animal origin or food products containing products of animal origin, except for public catering waste which cannot be used for human consumption because of commercial reasons, manufacturing problems, packaging or other defects but which do not pose risks to human or animals health;
- unprocessed fish by-products obtained from companies manufacturing fish products for human consumption;
- public catering waste expect for waste collected in means of international transport.
Also, we consult our customers about issues on report preparation, record keeping; provide them with containers for waste collection.
We offer our services in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. We arrive on our own transport at any time convenient to our customers.
We run our activities according to Regulation (EC) No 1774/2002 of the European Parliament and Council of 3 October 2002 laying down health rules concerning animal by-products not intended for human consumption. We have the certificate issued by the State Food and Veterinary Service of the Republic of Lithuania acknowledging that we can handle category 3 animal by-products. The certificate is valid in all European Union countries.
1. We have implemented Quality Management System ISO 9001;
2. Occupational Safety and Health Management System OHSAS 18001;
3. Environmental management system ISO 14001;